What makes XGEN SEO different is that it combines a lot of tasks and tools into one, single application.
Right now, there is only a handful similar SEO software out there which provide an "Everything-In-One" solution, namely SeNuke, Link Builder Pro, Seo Link Pro.
People are comparing XGen SEO to Senuke, with occasional opinions saying that XGEN Seo is supposed to be better than SeNuke.
I personally always found Senuke "clunky" to use (for a lack of other words) – and XGen SEO brings some very interesting features to the table which makes it a very powerful SEO application. In addition, it is cheaper than Senuke.
The software is basically a complete article-submission, Web2.0 link building, social bookmarking, RSS submission and pinging suite.
Its main purpose is to automatically submit your (spun) articles which it will place on many article directories and web2.0 properties. Then it also submit the URLs to microblogs and the feeds to RSS aggregators. And at the end it will ping those URLs also.
The best thing is that it features automatic email/account creation on the many article sites, web2.0 sites, blogs and RSS aggregators. Right now those are about 90 accounts.
But it also has the option to import your other, custom article directories and web2.0 accounts for submission.
Here is one of the best features: It automatically solves (most) captchas and you do NOT need to sign up at a de-captcha service!
The success rate with account creation and submission is actually "good" to "very good". There is always some sites which are down, or the occasional captcha which you need to enter manually. Only very little accounts cannot be created automatically.
A typical session with XGen SEO looks like that you either create (or load) a new account containing your email and other data. You can also let the software create an email for you at yahoo automatically. Then you enter the details of your web site, keywords and so forth.
You write and enter your article with your links – and then you basically only need to press a button and it will do EVERYTHING on its down.
Here are the pros and cons:
- Everything for web2.0 link building in one software
- Automated captcha solving without 3rd party service!
- Lots of really good features, like article analysis and optimization
- Some bonus features like on-page site analysis
- Once set up with your information and articles you press a button and it works on its own
- The whole process takes time. Captcha solving takes time.
- Occasional wrong entries are observed but they seem to be rare. For example it tried to submit one and the same URL multiple times to ping.
- Sometimes "hangs" on certain sites and needs manual intervention.
- Interface a little "outdated" looking, somewhat confusing.
- You need to write (and preferably spin) articles.
This is a very good SEO software for 100% automated web2.0 link building and it is without a doubt very powerful. It has minor glitches and imperfections but overall can well compete with tools like SeNuke. After a day learning about the features how to use it is actually straight forward.
To use the full power of XGen SEO you should also utilize a good article spinner like TBS or Spinnerchief (free!).